You and Me


You and Me
(June 18, 2009)



In my castle
Of many rooms
And towers
The sun shines bright
And inside and outside
All of the world
Is for me

In my castle
Many rooms are locked
Many towers are chained
I’ve thrown away the keys
Never wanting to remember
For every day
The sunshine raptures me

In my castle
One day you stood
I saw you
You had all the keys
To all the rooms
To all the towers
You found each key for me

In my castle
I stood-afraid
Where did you find those keys?
Must I go back?
What’s behind those doors?
I have forgotten
Can’t I just let the sunshine rapture me?

In my castle
You said “We must”
And then you walked towards the doors
You climbed the stairs
You lit the barren hallways
I followed close behind you
You led the way for me

In my castle
I remembered
Behind those doors
The fallen trees The cracked walls
The lost boats The drifting bottles
Then I remembered-yes I remembered
You held up the lantern for me

In my castle
Behind those doors
I looked at you
You took my hand
My tears fell down
As I remembered
Because you remembered for me

In my castle
Up in the towers
The dead leaves rustled beneath my feet
As I remembered
My tears fell down
I became broken better
You remade my heart for me

In my castle
Today no doors are locked
Today no towers are chained up
All the windows are open
I no longer wait
To be raptured by the sunlight
You rapture my heart for me

In my castle
Every day
I learn something new
You teach me to remember
Every day
You remake my heart some more
You rebuild my heart for me

In my castle
Sometimes if I forget again
Promise me that you’ll never
Promise me that you’ll be
In the barren hallways
Carrying the keys
And lighting the way for me


© 2009 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.

23 comments:

  1. Charity - every stanza of this poem is like a perfect warm wave of blue water rising, curling and splashing on a wonderful, beautiful, pristine beach.

    I hope you know that I can't possibly just visit Thoughts for one minute and write a comment and then leave. . . These poems you've been writing are really, really excellent. They take me awhile to consider - sometimes I have to let them exist for a few days before I can even begin to think what to say.

    You want to know something else that is amazing? That you wrote 'the red paper' and 'you and me' in the same week. amazing.

    Thank you for letting me read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kow kow... your comments often leave me speechless... I'm very fortunate to have someone as thoughtful and as smart as you reading my writings... your comments are more like personal letters, warming my heart a little bit more... :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely brilliant! A break from all traditional things. Perfect peom CJ.

    Even your comment box has a lovely poem...I wish I can see your little cany corn box.

    All the best,

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hulo!!! Michael!!!

    "A break from all things traditional"... that is a comment that makes me stop and think about my poem. It's quite startling to hear that someone thinks this writings has "broken away from all things traditional." :)

    Thank you for your visit and for your comment!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poem gives me warm fuzzy feeling, at the same time leaves a lump in my throat. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Charity...what a wonderful poem....wow!

    and seriously...you think I look like that Vampire girl!! amazing how popular that series is...

    ReplyDelete
  7. "In my castle
    Many rooms are locked
    Many towers are chained
    I’ve thrown away the keys
    Never wanting to remember
    For every day
    The sunshine raptures me

    In my castle
    One day you stood
    I saw you
    You had all the keys
    To all the rooms
    To all the towers
    You found each key for me"

    Just...beautiful!!

    Kisses,

    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazingly beautiful Charity!! You have such a brilliant gift with words...

    ReplyDelete
  9. MaLou...that is exactly how I felt while writing this. :) It came across exactly that way to you. :) That makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diana E...thank you :)

    And YES you DO look so much like "that vampire girl" Edward's sister in Twilight Series! You look like twins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Irina... I'm so happy that my words have touched you so much like that... :) Always feel free to visit me, you are always always welcome here :) Many kisses to you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much, Stacey! :) Thank you for the visit and the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love stopping by your site and recharging as I dream and meander in my thoughts while reading your words...

    Blessings my dear...

    Dorothy from grammology
    grammology.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quite angelic! Really very nice, quite touching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Charity, I read your comment over at Gina's and noticed that you are not yet aware of my blog... or else you you know that I offer custom made tutus!

    I even make them for adults, as when I made a few for the "Sex in the City" premier.

    Come and visit my blog and you will see the link to my website where I offer home decor, faux pasteries, and of course tutus!

    I'm glad I read Gina's (The Shabby Chic Cottage) comments and found your blog. That is the charm of it all... finding new blogs that we would never know.

    I will be following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lot of thought you put into this Charity. I'm glad you have someone to unlock all your dark and hidden places. Everyone should be so lucky. I want to thank you too for the sweet compliments you left on my post. They made me smile, but believe me when I tell you my skin is NOT always flawless! I hope thinks are well with you and we head into the Christmas Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great imagery Charity!

    Are you trying to make THE GUYS blush?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dorothy (Grandma D) ... I am very happy to hear that you visit my writings as a source of recharging your thoughts and dreams! What a wonderful compliment that is, for me! :)

    Z...thank you! For your comment and for your visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Donald... thank you, Donald! :) People are beginning to call me "the angel with a pen" and I think I quite like that, actually! :) Thank you for your visit! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top