Some Serious Advice Needed

Everybody, I need some serious advice right now.

So, I have been giving this much thought for the past days already. But I still need some serious advice.

See, when I thought about publishing, I also thought that I would still keep on writing on my blog. But now that my book is coming out soon, I feel awkward about writing on my blog. I didn't know that I would feel this way. I feel stuck into something that feels like a predicament. Or something that thinks itself to be like a predicament. Or something of the sort.

I have been thinking of various ways to get around this:

1. I could take my writings down, and change the way that I blog. Instead of writing on my blog, I can actually blog on my blog. It could be an author's blog instead of the writer's writing pad.

2. I could keep my blog the way it is, so that new readers have a history to go look back at, so they know what to expect from my book.

3. I could just close my blog. And I could move to Twitter where I can tweet about updates on my books (releases, progress, prices, etc.)

4. I could keep my blog the way it is, and only post something like once or twice a month, just to give readers a taste of what they can expect from my books whilst also providing the history of my writings for browsing through.

I really DON'T WANT to just close my blog, because this blog has been a way for me to grow as a writer. For years, I have been able to understand how readers appreciate and interpret my various writings, in many different ways. The comments mean a lot to me. And the journey I've had on this blog has been fulfilling and uplifting and a true learning experience. And the people I have met on this journey have all meant so much to me.

But then, here I am, stuck into something that feels pretty much like a predicament. It doesn't feel good to keep on writing on my blog everything that will be available for reading in my book.

Please help!!! Leave me your ideas in my comment box, please! Thank you! :)

13 comments:

  1. Welllll, since you asked so nicely. :)

    Here is what I would do, if I were you, and hopefully kind of soon I will be in a similar position. hehe
    (we'll see how the publishing part goes!)

    Anyway, What I would suggest is this:

    Keep your blog, your previous blog posts and continue to do what you've been doing. However, you can also add in tweets directly to your blog for your fans, continue or start posting more day to day blog stuff, you know, like a blog, as you said. What I am getting at here is, why not do it all together?

    The idea of people who read your books to be able to have a connection with you through your blog will more than likely benefit you, your fans and your career in writing in the long run.

    Just my opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the previous comment. If you are comfortable with writing about your "personal" life, I'd do that and toss in a dash of your beautiful writings. You have to do what you are most comfortable with, but I don't want you to go away completely! We would miss you! So good luck with your decision, let us know what you decide. Until then have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you'll find the way without much worry. It's just a time of crisis — in a good sense, a time of change. What I'd like to suggest is that you've done a great job promoting your writings; I can't figure a better publicity for your books than your blog.

    Whatever you decide, please, let us know it! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C
    I dunno if my opinion would really matter much.. but I would opt for the second option... maintain your blog... There are different readers in blogville than your book. People would still be blessed if one day they'll just open your blog and read than finding your book...

    As for me, I'm buying the book and still follow your blog... this is where we get first hand comments and suggestions from people who are dear to us in which their opinion really matters...

    God bless!

    PS. I hope I did not add to confusion... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your heart will tell you what to do :)
    Just an idea... change your blog to an authors blog. Keep some historical blogs (of your choosing) so that book readers and blog readers still have a history and then decide on what you feel comfortable blogging on moving forward so that you can maintain blogging if you enjoy it... either way best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Charity, when I have a predicament staring me in the face I look at my priorities. What is the main reason for your blog, etc. I will read your book no matter what you decide, it it is available to me. Someone commented there are different readers of both mediums. I would miss you but don't stay on for anyone's sake but your own. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should keep your blog, and just make it whatever feels right. For people who buy your book, finding your blog would be like an extra bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can understand where you are coming from, but girl, don't you dare close your blog!!! :)

    What I would do is keep your blog up, just maybe blog more personal things to keep the things published in your books specific and special to the book alone. You have to share SOME stuff, but it could be more like a teaser...a taste of what you offer in your book. That way if someone stumbles upon your blog and they love your writings, they can go buy your book and know what will be in it. Otherwise they may not know that you have a book!

    You are such a bright light and I love that we have become friends through blogging...you cannot stop blogging!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can understand where you are coming from, but girl, don't you dare close your blog!!! :)

    What I would do is keep your blog up, just maybe blog more personal things to keep the things published in your books specific and special to the book alone. You have to share SOME stuff, but it could be more like a teaser...a taste of what you offer in your book. That way if someone stumbles upon your blog and they love your writings, they can go buy your book and know what will be in it. Otherwise they may not know that you have a book!

    You are such a bright light and I love that we have become friends through blogging...you cannot stop blogging!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. on a personal level i would like you to try to keep your blog even if its updating once or twice a month, i dont 'twitter' and it would be a shame to lose such a valued blogger who i am sure has provided more than one person with comforting words

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi C! oh no, please don't close your blog...you enumerated few options already and if i were you i would blog a day to day experiences and anything and everything under the sun...it gives your readers more feel of who you are...like you said, an author's blog or diary! but pls., don't close it!

    be waiting for the book. i'll send you my copy for an autograph, no kidding!

    eng

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Charity,

    As you enjoy blogging and we enjoy being able to read your work, can't you continue with this.
    Best wishes whatever you decide.
    You have to be happy with what you choose in the end and what is best for you.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, I am now to your blog, don't abandon me. I'll be having rejections issued if you would..
    Seriously, follow your heart. But if it was me, I will use my blog also to promote my book.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top