Christmas (1&2)

I was inspired to write these two pieces whilst looking at the tiny lights dancing all around our little Christmas village we had just put up. As you can see, I have taken a photo of my inspiration for these pieces and have also shared it here. :)

May my words and my photo prepare your hearts for a magical, magical Christmas! :) The best gift we can give our loved ones, is magic. And to believe in it. And that's what I want to give to you, all of my readers this Christmas! :)



Christmas
(December 2, 2009)

One by one they blink;
red, blue, yellow;
they flicker.

Places from long ago;
dance upon my memory;
they tease.

The Christmas lights whisper;
into my ear they call me;
they chant.

Christmases of long ago;
unweaving themselves like threads;
they return.

Spirits of Christmases join;
bringing old familiar comforts;
they soothe.

Watching the lights flicker;
red, blue, yellow;
I’ll remember.

Hiding in the ancient warmths;
I will take refuge;
I’ll stay.

My spirit roams my memories;
under church steeples, carols sung;
I’ll feel.

Places I thought long forgotten;
my childhood here with me now;
I’ll see.

One by one they blink;
one by one they flicker;
I’ll believe.


© 2009 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.


Christmas 2
(December 2, 2009)

They flicker
They tease
They chant
They return
They soothe
I’ll remember
I’ll stay
I’ll feel
I’ll see
I’ll believe

© 2009 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.

11 comments:

  1. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve (over here it is already the 23'rd of December) and I cannot wait for the Christmas Eve feast that we have! This is a tradition that one of my mother's brothers borrowed from the local Philippine customs which are taken from the Spanish customs (the Spanish reigned Philippine society for 300 years). This tradition is called Noche Buena, and we all get to eagerly anticipate the dawning of a new Chrsitmas day! It's kinda like the New Year! And I just cannot wait for all that yummy Christmas food that seem to be calling out my name saying "Charrriiittttyyyyy......eaaaaatttt uuuuuussssss!!!!"

    I am amazed at my self-control and that all the pretty Christmas food has gone untouched until now!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem is beautiful...I could really relate to it. Every Christmas brings back so many memories of Christmases past, places I've lived, friends I haven't seen in a long time.

    Thank you, by the way, for your kind comment on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're ready for the magic over here.
    Snow is on the ground. Excitement is in the air. And my kids are big believers!

    Happy Holidays C!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Charity. You captured the essence of the beautiful Christmas lights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charity - what a beautiful poem. We believe too. Have a wonderful Christmas my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poem is beautiful, you describe christmas lights, and capture the magic they give us during the festive season.
    You could be describing the movements of angels too, as they also flicker and sparkle, but some sparkle more than others......you for example.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I'll Remember, Stay, Feel, See, Believe" This is what Christmas is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. indeed these pictures are an inspiration for you have made such wonderful pieces of poetry once again...

    i particularly like the first poem... such powerful words and beautiful imagery... :-)

    Hope you had a blessed Christmas!

    Enjoy what the New Year has in-stored for you!

    Good tidings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful poem, Charity. As always. I hope your holiday was good and Lucy and I hope that you have a very happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, C!

    2010 to bring you luck, joy and happiness! May the joy and peace always join you!

    With much admiration and love,

    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, everybody, for your comments, and for your Holiday greetings! I hope that everyone had a wonderful time over the Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top