Launching Of The Web Site!!!!

You think that when you write a book, you write it, and then it is on people's shelves. Well, yes that is true. But then...it is not very true. What is very true is that you write a book and then it's dedication, dedication, dedication day in an day out! I appropriately called my book "my baby" as bearing a book to the world feels so much like the process of birthing a new baby! Pop! Your bundle of joy has come out! But then- BAM- it's sleepless nights, eye bags, and a whole lot of surviving on adrenaline!

The past days since my book has gone live, have been so intense. People who love me have been telling me to take it easy. And I have been thinking to myself "I should not lose myself" and so, I have since managed to "not lose myself" and am back in my fabulous shoes and classy Guerlain lipstick! ;-)

I am already receiving feedback from my readers about their experiences reading my book, and yet I myself have not been able to hold my own book in my hands! This is all somewhat overwhelming and I feel saddened when I hear how everybody wishes for an autographed copy. I simply cannot autograph these books, as they are way over there and I am right here and I haven't even held my book in my hands yet! I am so sorry that I can't provide anyone with autographed copies. Yet. There is just not a way to, as my reader base is completely international, my readers are from all over the world, speakers of many different languages, and the only way to autograph your copies of my book is if you buy my book, send it to me through DHL, I autograph it, and send it back to you. I am very willing to do that, it's not a burden on my part, but, it would cost you to send through DHL. If you want to do this, go ahead and contact me, I will give you my address. I would be honored to autograph my book, for anyone!

I want to express my deep gratitude and thankfulness to each and every person who has purchased a copy of my book- thank you all- so much!

It has also just come to my knowledge that there are those who are advertising my book to their friends and friends of friends and I don't even know these people! I am just surprised to receive emails from those who say they are excited to read my book, which they found out about from a friend of a friend of a fried.

To all of you "friends of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend" - I thank each of you- so much! Your advertising and spreading the word about how The Sun Is Snowing, has brought me much joy!

And it is my utmost joy, to know that my book is  reaching your hands! And more importantly, your hearts!

And without further adieu, I now launch the web site of my book http://www.thesunissnowing.com

15 comments:

  1. So happy for you C... as in sobra! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness. I went to your new website and read a portion of your new book that you allowed me to read. I cried, for I am going through some emotional crisis at this time. I am still at tears, as it flows, I have suddenly met a man on My Yearbook, who, out of the blue, felt drawn to me. He is married and our friendship is what it is. He is now helping me cope, for I have nobody to talk to and other's don't understand. I was sexual abused as a child and as a grown up that part was boxed in the back of my mind. My ex of 3 year (65 yrs old) brought out this fear in me, a fear for him and what he had done to me one sunny afternoon I had visited him for a few minutes. I ran away, in fear, like an animal that is preyed upon. I sat in solitude with my last son that I have bore (my eldest passed) for 6 months. Last week, I went to the family of my ex to tell them of the incident. If they had stones and rocks, I wouldn't be here today, for I am called a liar. I've had many thoughts that I shouldn't be here and my son is what keeps me on this earth. My new friend supports me with words I haven't heard in all of my life...that with every bag I carry out of the "scary house," a new life for me will be born. I live at a high altitude and I see stars at night from my window, the heavens are close. Your book might not relate to my emotional life that I am going through, but I am compelled by your writings. I am 57 years old and still running since my childhood in my mind. You are, indeed, a beautiful writer, for the sun does snow in many peoples lives. Thank you for sharing a piece of your book with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charity,

    So happy that the book is out and everything is going well for you.
    How rewarding to have the new baby out there.
    Just off to visit your new website.

    Have a wonderful week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charity,

    Your new website ~ The sun is snowing looks great.
    I wish you well.
    I did try to leave a comment but for some reason it did not seem to be working.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn~ thanks so much Lynn~ you know, you've been reading me for years na, one of my most dedicated supporters and readers and I thank you so much! And if I had found out earlier, your name would have been on my acknowledgments page in my book! I just regret not finding you earlier than I did! But know that I thank you truly.

    Carolyn~ thank you Carolyn!

    I don't take comments on my book's website, but my readers may contact me on my website via email. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waikikidragonfly~ send me your mailing address and phone number, and once I receive my own copies, I will send you a free autographed copy of my book.

    And...the sun snows for me, where I come from...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so sweet Charity, thank you.
    Best of luck with your book, dear friend.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your visit and comment left. Wish you a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The website is looking good! It was cute that you added your son's pictures too!

    I can't wait to get my own copy of your book! It's a gift in itself. And I just know I'll be reading it again and again!

    Just don't exhaust yourself. PR is something you do bit by bit constantly. There's no need to burn yourself out. Besides, you have to have enough energy to start another book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And my free signed copy will be arriving, WHEN? ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great Charity that you have such motivation. It wonderful to have a baby to worry about isn't it? Hope it continues to do well for you. I love the looks of your new website ;-)Take it easy mama.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charity, what I have done in the past, when people have wanted a personal authograph of one of my poems...and it is not too expensive, is to autograph a larger size label and send that to them which they can them afix to one of the inside pages of their book! Avery makes all sizes. I think the one I used was about 3" by 4" but there are larger ones and smaller ones.

    I will have to check out your website. Warmest congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic - love the cover picture and the story of how you followed your path to writing is truly inspiring - really look forward to reading more, and hope you'll get to hold a copy of your own soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It must be so frustrating that you haven't got to see your own book yet! We are all so proud of you Bells, to have your work put in print is such a wonderful accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness, I have been away from the blogging world for too long. Congratulations on the official "go live" of your book! I am really curious to read it, so have just ordered a copy! I'll be sure to let you know what I think, once I have read it :) Have also just had a peek at the official site too, very cool indeed! (Great photos too :D). Anywayz, enjoy the accolade! You truly deserve every single moment of it! You must be so proud.

    Best wishes ~ Graham :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top