Eating A Grape

Eating A Grape
(May 8, 2010)

The red juice curls off the corners of her lips
Dripping, oozing down the edge of her chin
Her eyes slowly close
Her long deep dark lashes skim the top of
Her alabaster skin
And the tastes and the thoughts and
Even the soft plucking sound of the
Harvest of the grapes play on her
Tongue
The rough hands that picked the
Fleshy textured pulp of grape in her mouth
Seem to run their fingers over her lips
The taste of the sun burning on the surface of
The thin red transparent skin dusted
By the vineyard winds sweeping up from
Dirt ground
The rustling of the leaves on the vines
Tastes of the sunburned skin dusted by warm winds
The low low low soft thud of the
Bunches dropped into beige baskets
Smells of sweat-stained shirts clinging to
Hard-worn backs bronzed by the sunshine
Sweet scents of lost fruit trodden underfoot

She swallows

The tender white whispers of the morning sunlight
Stains the ivory walls of her bedroom

The white China bowl
The red grapes

The motion of her fingertips plucking
A single one
Like a secret so silent that no one
Has ever told

And the grape touches her lips again…
Her ebony lashes lower and bow…

All over again…


© 2010 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.



Please, join me on FaceBook: 

And order a snowing sun:

16 comments:

  1. Very sensual Charity, and that is only you eating a grape, my my.
    I think you are too feminine to be a blood thirsty pirate.
    You have written this piece to your usual high standard, maybe even surpassing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice poetry! Congrats!
    Thanks for your visit, dear friend.
    Wish you a very happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, nice blog & lovely poetry. You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your words are always a pleasure to read. And re-read! It's a garden of beauty in its own right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just yummy! Really delicious. A treat to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very tasty poem, rich, ripe, succulent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A harvest of sensuous delights. The passion of life dripping from your lips like a fiery but tender sun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Charity,

    What a deliciously wonderful piece, of eating a grape, so sensual and just love this one.
    Many thanks for visiting me and the birthday wishes.

    I hope that you are having a wonderful week.
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so good--I just had to eat grapes after reading this... I couldn't get the juice to drip down my chin though, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Charity. I could just picture that grape being eaten. You made me feel like I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your words are always a pleasure to read!!!Congrats!!!

    Kisses,

    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sexy indeed! They sound like they are quite enjoying themselves and you described that grape so intricately! I enjoyed reading this very very much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry I've been so preoccupied with some personal things and have not been doing much on the we, however, once I meet with my partner and we dissolve things, I'll be feeling better and able to catch up.

    As usual stunning poem..

    Dorothy from grammology
    grammology.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. as lovely as ever..I have read the review too..gratz my dear..couldnt have agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you very much, everyone who has left a meaningful, thoughtful comment. I always take your encouraging words to heart, and it is always so very touching to read the comments of those who are truly able to dive deep into my words, swim in them, and find true understanding and meaning. This is my joy, to have readers like this. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Exquisite poetry and so descriptive of many visits I've had in California to Napa, Sonoma, the Russian River, Paso Robles and our other fine grape growing regions. I can close my eyes and imagine myself just so, the damsel in your poem. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top