The Return

The Return
(July 6, 2010 ~Roma, Italia)

On my journey, I have learned that...

Nothing is fixed. There is no black and white. Everything is- to you- as you see it. If you want to take a plain-sketch paper and color the lines in with bright-red like blossoms in the gardens that smell so sweet; you may. But it doesn’t have to always be bright-red. You can flood your plain-sketch pencil papers with red today, then blue tomorrow, and then if you want, after that, you can color them purple, violet, pink... you can change everything... by changing the way you see it. By changing colors.

I have learned that the best thing to do- is what you want to do. And if you don’t know what it is that you want to do- just start walking in one direction and if that’s the direction you want to go, you’ll find that you will keep on going. And if it’s not really where you want to go... you’ll find yourself turning around. And going where you really want to go.

I have learned not to look for the “right thing” because life is not about looking for “what’s right.” It’s about looking for what’s yours.

I have learned that there is nothing to be afraid of. Really. And if you say “I can do it,” you can. Really.

I have learned that crossing the street isn’t too hard, and that it’s okay for your feet to get dirty sometimes.

I have learned that destiny is real. I’ve learned what it is, and how she works.

I have learned that it is possible to fall in love in a few days.

I have learned that seagulls are beautiful and that they are like white paper planes floating through the sky with bells attached to them.

I have learned that there are too many wonderful people in the world to waste my time thinking of the no-good ones.

The world is bigger than you think it is, and it is perfect. The good and the bad. Together, it is all perfect.

So there is nothing to be afraid of.

Really.

This is what I have learned.



© 2010 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.

13 comments:

  1. I wrote this on the rooftop of my hotel in Rome, Italy, the night before my last night in Europe.

    I have returned a completely different person. I have returned as who I really am.

    I have learned so much, I can barely even begin to share, with you.

    I will attempt to share more things, by and by. But one thing I have learned about myself, on my journey, is that I don't want to sit in front of my computer all the time writing. :) I want to live first. And then write. Not write first and then live. :)

    My love to all of you ~ Ciao, bella! ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. I'm glad that you had a good trip and am looking forward to hearing more about it and what you have learned. I wish that I could be positive like you but the fears are very strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very thought provoking. Reading this has given me something to think about today. Keep writing from the heart. Jewel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charity,

    How lovely to have you back and read your post today.
    Glad that you have a wonderful trip and sometimes it is a good way to learn more about oneself and to grow in strength.
    I look forward to hearing about your trip.

    Have a great weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Italy is really beautiful but I'm so glad you're back, C! Yes, living is more than writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great time and added lots of learning to your storehouse of knowledge! I like that you want to live and then write. I have lived so long and still don't want to write it ALL down, just share some of it. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree with you more. One thing I do know is that I am so glad I didn't listen to people who told me to wait until retirement to travel and do the things I wanted to do. Seventeen months ago, in major budget cuts in the city and county of San Francisco, I lost my job of 21 years...and retired, with an income drop of $90,000/year. Had I waited to see the world or do my 88 cruises, I would have seen and experienced nothing. I certainly am limited now in what I can do but I have seen the world and have the most wonderful memories to sustain me. For my last two birthdays, I spent nearly three weeks in Europe and did Mediterranean cruises. I don't have many regrets and I have friends all over the globe. I am financially poor right now but I am wealthy in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest C.C.,
    You have completely come into your own like never before, with a positive insight into what is real, true, good and destined.
    I hope your time away afforded you time for much sightseeing as well, cheers my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You also have learned that there is always something else to learn my little angel. Congratulations on finding love again, I hope you and your son will have found lasting happiness with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyous by name, joyous by nature.

    A beautiful post over-flowing with optimism and happiness. Thank you for posting.

    JW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl! You are finally back? Sounds like I am going to find a lot of excitment ahead on this blog. Good to know the journey was a positive one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you had an incredible time! Such beautiful lessons! I hope this piece appears in your next book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary Anne.... yes it will appear in my 3rd book of poetry. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top