Untitled


 Untitled
(July 22, 2010)

It's strange how
A simple twinkling of my
Own eyes
Reflects the flicker I remember
In yours and
Takes me back to
Where you are and I see
Your face all over again
Then immediately
Your breath on my skin
Your fingers in between mine
The walk The stairs The t.v.
The blanket The pillow The cups

And I am so enraged at the
Fact of your absence
I could scream endlessly into the night and
Stab the air with daggers

© 2010 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.



© 2010 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.


5 comments:

  1. Such a powerful piece of poetry dear. <3

    I'm glad you find humor in my absence b/c i feel completely ashamed. I'm horrible, I really am. I get distracted so easily and forgot about things that are important to me :/ Lets blame it on the wedding :)

    I am doing good, nonetheless. And the wedding was like a dream -- simple but perfect. I'm still waiting on the professional wedding pictures, but I have some on my facebook that my mom & friends took. http://www.facebook.com/mrs.trombly

    Anyways...HOW ARE YOU???!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the rage behind your words, and the loss. Very moving.
    I hope you are settling back in. Any plans for your NEXT tour?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite poignant and a bit haunting. There is nothing like true sincerity from the heart.
    Hope your day was a lovely one, cheers my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charity,

    This is beautiful and you are speaking right from your heart.
    Hope that you have a lovely weekend

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top