Certain Innocence

Certain Innocence
(September 6, 2010)

I don’t despise atheists. In fact, there is something wonderful about the soul of the atheist. The atheist possesses an inner awareness of the majesty and glory and true power of God. And he simply does not see this in the God prepared by organized religion in churches and fed to people in churches and in religion classes in school and in Sunday School. He cannot reconcile his inner awareness of who God is, with the God as wrapped up and prepared and presented by organized religion. There is a disparity. A separation. And because of this he tells himself that he does not believe in God and therefore categorizes himself into an atheist or one who does not believe in God.

But to you I say– what makes you think that God wants to be watered down and prepared and cut up and molded and tied down and shaped and washed and then served in a church? What makes you think that the God they speak of is what God really is? Do not think that God is happy to be taken and defined and used as a tool to control people and earn money.

The atheist thinks he does not believe in God. But I don’t believe in the God that he doesn’t believe in, either. I believe in the God that he will accept no other versions of.

The atheist is not evil. The atheist possesses the innocence of a child who has been separated from his true father and will accept no other replacements for. He walks around refusing to be fostered by any replacements. He only needs to know that his real Father is there. Yes, there is a certain rebellion. But this is the rebellion of love.


© 2010 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.

9 comments:

  1. * I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. But I don't believe in the Mascot that religions have created Him to be. I believed that the ancients had a knowledge of the Son of God and God the Father, all the ancient people did. And they had their own names and interpretations for God the Father and Jesus. Jesus doesn't belong to religion. He belongs to God and to everybody. Not some people. To everybody. That's what I believe. Religion incorporated Jesus in the hopes of "keeping" all of His followers, thus gaining gold and glory. And control through condemnation and judgment. So, they create Him into something which He is not, or they say that He is what they want Him to be through their own interpretations of the Bible. So this is what I believe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally convinced too that the Lord is not done with any of us yet - it is His kindness that calls people to repentance! He loves everyone more then we can love people! He is totally at work in everyone's life only they haven't recognized Him - we can help to make Him known! Good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very good interpretation of an Atheist. I believe in God. Also in Jesus. Jesus is the son of God. We do forget that first comes God. Too many religions push Jesus down our throats. He is part of us, but God still is God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I come from a catholic family. Very religious, very strict, very difficult. I respect your views C, but I am not going to comment much here, as I am so rebellious of religion because of being forced for so long. Came to say hi, and leave a little bit of me here for you...hehe. Love, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charity,

    Just called by to say hello and wish you a good weekend.
    I respect what you have said here, and sometimes it is not about religion, but how we live our daily lives.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you completely! I think if I had to classify myself I would say I am a Christian, but agnostic. I think the organized religions sometimes use their "religion" to control people into doing what "they" think is right, not necessarily what God would agree with. How sad that so much of the violence and destruction in the world is done under the disguise of religion and under the name of whatever "God" the perpetrators believe in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Religion is truly a complex subject.The key I guess is to respect each other's belief.Great views.Always a joy to learn from others.So I try to absorb the opinion of others in my search for the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your perspective of the Atheists.

    I can't define God myself, but I have personal relationship with God, and I don't necessarily need a church to love my God. I also believe that any church generates lots of love and positive energies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That second paragraph is o' so very true!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top