Save Me

My Door.
I took this photo in Portovenere, Italian Riviera, Italia, in the the year 2010.
All rights reserved.


Save Me
September 14, 2010

The black flies fall like
Black sesame seeds
Through a funnel
Through the funnel of time
The black pestilence falls
Stripped
I have lost the plagues
I once identified
But alas!
They fall
Only to rise up again
Like a black ghost
A black ghost built from
A million pieces
It rises again and
Falls again
Only to rise again!

Chaos

This is the true hell
The hell like
I have never seen one
Before; hide me away

Hide me away in the
Windows of my port
Where the stones meet the
Sea and the seagulls fly

Hide me away between
The door and the iron gate
Where the windows see the
Water and the seagulls fly

This pestilence
It haunts me

This blackness
It falls and rises

Confusion

Into the rocks the steps the cliffs
Rising from the sea; the Ligurian
Back to the eternal waters blue and green
Where rock is swallowed by sea

And I will sit in my window
Again; and they cannot find me

Hide me

Where they cannot touch me
I want no part in this

Take me home

Save me



© 2010 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.




Angus & Robertson Australia          EmporiumBooks Australia         Alibris         Infibeam India 




Amazon US        SuperBookDeals            AuthorHouse UK          Amazon JP


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, but so very very sad. Everyone has those moments that they just want to disappear from the pain is so great. Your poem expresses it so very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charity,

    What amazing photography! you must have had a wonderful trip.
    Your poem is very sad and I hope that all is well with you.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ocean is such a deep, dark blue. From what are you hiding, dearest Charity?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've been busy posting and writing Charity, another strong and bold poem. It reminds me of our escape, through a very young kid's mind the chaos looked and felt like this.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top