The Candles

 It's almost Christmas, everybody, and though this piece was not written with Christmas in mind, I think that it can cause Christmas to come to mind! I wrote this in March (as you can see by the date under the title) it is actually a dream I had which I wrote down upon awaking. I am thankful for the comforts and guidance that are given to me in my dreams, and now that it's Christmastime, the Holiday Season, may my piece comfort and guide you as well... Merry Christmas, and God bless us, everyone!


This photo I shot myself, belongs to me, and international copyright laws apply. Photo taken in 
Portovenere, Italian Riviera, Italia. This is  at the altar of  San Pietro in the Chiesa di San Pietro.
July  2010. All rights reserved.



The Candles
(March 5, 2010)

A beautiful dream comes to me
From the Heavens, the magics of old
My dream descends upon me
Melting onto my mind
Caressing my heart
Like sweet incense
Soothingly
Melting
Like butter onto my skin
In my dream
The candles- they are singing!
In the darkness I watch them- singing!
Tall grandfathers with heavy and thick
Melted wax dripping down cloaking them grandly like
Long white beards they
Laugh and sing proudly!
Passing their little flame
They light the little children
Small and stout the little ones
Are gleeful
And joyful
They jump
Up and down and they
Reach for the flame
The grandfathers pass
Around and
The women too
They gladly lift their voices
A choir are they!
The most beautiful choir
I have ever heard
My tears fall down
To hear their voices
Their voices like bells
At Christmastime
The choir
The laugh
They pass
On the light and they sing
Their flame is upon
Each one of them now
And the grandfathers
The women the children
They sing
In harmony
For me
They bring me love and
They comfort my soul
They sing to my soul
They love and they comfort me
My pain
Is gone
Gone away
And the candles they sing for me
And I watch
And I listen
And I feel
And the candles they mend my soul

My beautiful dream
Of the candles they
Sing to me
In the dark
And I awake
And I am healed
My soul is here
My soul is mended
The pain is gone
And I am whole

The beautiful candles
Their beautiful song
Like Christmas bells
They sing to me

The candles that came
To heal my soul



© 2010 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.



join me and my friends: C. JoyBell C.- Writer
take a look at my book: The Sun Is Snowing



I'd also like to share with you, how I have received the promotional texts for my upcoming book in which my book is said to be reminiscent of the timeless classics Wuthering Heights and Madame Bovary. Now, a book's promotional text is created by a third party writer whom the book's author has no direct communication with and can only discuss with the author by means of a middle-man (in this case is the publishing company) .. well, at least this is the policy of the Amazon publishing company I am publishing with.

I feel as if I can stop writing right now, and be happy and satisfied for the rest of my life- I personally consider nothing else to be a greater honor for my book than for it to be likened to Wuthering Heights and Madame Bovary, two of the most influential and controversial timeless, classic novels of all time! And my book is a novella, yet it is being likened to these two full-length novels. I am very very very honored, I'm overjoyed, and completely happy, and very humbled. That is my dream right there, given to me! It is mine!

xxx

6 comments:

  1. I love the imagery in this poem. I feel as if I am there enjoying looking at the candles and feeling their warmth.
    Congratulations on your book - I'm glad that your dream came true. I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many imaginations coming to mind
    reading you Candle light poem. The dreams you dream were very helpful to create such a lovely story in your words. Excellent poetry and that is just perfect for Christmas. I also like the candles in your photo, delightful!

    Have a blessed Christmas dear Charity.
    Peace & love to the World,
    from Zuzanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a compliment! You must be so thrilled Bells!I cannot believe you dream like this. My dreams are usually very mundane. How your soul takes flight when you close your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charity, it is so wonderful to know that your dreams had come true for you. Just reading your expression made me feel happy just now. I am so proud to know you as a writer and a successful one to boot! I enjoyed your The Candles dream, it made me think of Beauty and The Beast- the scene where the candles were dancing. It sounded like a magical and enchanted moment and I hope you have more of those dreams. Smiles.
    I am stopping by to say hi, and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful!

    I hope you have a beautiful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Charity,

    How wonderful for you! your dream coming true is the best thing for you. Congratulations on your success.
    Love the poem of your dreams and all the candlelight.
    The answers to your question, no you can't eat the dough wreath, it is made with a lot of salt and really would not taste good.
    Merry Christmas and all the best wishes for 2011.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top