How To Fly

Flight!
I took this photo atop Chiesa di San Pietro, Portovenere, Italian Riviera, Italia in the year 2010.
All rights reserved.



How To Fly
(December 19, 2010)


When I left, I left with absolutely no itinerary. I planned to go to Greece, and I somehow found myself in Rome! Most of the places that I visited- Siena, Portovenere, Le Cinque Terre, La Spezia, Monteriggioni, Drammen - I didn’t even know that any of these existed on the map! Yet I went to these places, and they turned out to be the answers to my many questions, the granting of my life-long dreams, and the most beautiful places that exist! And every day, I made a friend. I woke up in the morning alone and with no one to talk to, and later on I would make a friend.

I have learned that in life, we best not have an itinerary. Because our itineraries are based upon what we already know. When you live, what you want to do is you want to throw yourself out- fling yourself out- into the hands of God and destiny! God and destiny know far more than you do! And when you throw yourself out completely like this into the world, this is when and how and where you will find the things that you don’t know yet. The things you are still looking for. The answers. The rest of what is there that you are having trouble finding. Because you can’t find anything on your own by looking into the jar that you already have. You have to throw away your jar and say “Give me the sun!” You cannot find anything by looking at the paper that you have already written on. You must put your paper into a bottle, throw it into the ocean, and allow the waves and the sands and the winds to determine it's story!

Our itineraries and plans are based upon and exist within- our own limits. As I live- I don’t want to have limits- I want to see my limits disappear every day. To do this, I must take courage and fly. I take courage to throw myself into the unknown; into the hands of God and destiny. And because of this, I fly.



Copyright © 2010 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.




I would also like to share, how ten years ago on December 26, at 6:45 in the morning, the boy of my dreams was born. He is the boy of my dreams because long before I knew I would ever meet someone, get married, and have a son- this boy visited me continuously in my dreams at night. We were always together, even before we met on the day he was born. He never allowed me to be alone.

The first words I ever said to him, in my hospital room that morning were these words: 
"You have more value than the whole world and everything in it, simply because God gave you that value. And nothing can ever, ever change that. You will always be more valuable than the whole world, and everything in it."
Today, I have a ten-year-old who is more responsible than I could ever imagine someone to be as responsible as, I have someone who I can truly admire, someone who teaches me things and looks out for me always. Someone who never puts himself first, even if he is a child. On the inside, he is not a child. On the inside, he has been around for a very long time! 

I named him Gilead Israel. December the 26'th is his birthday, and I love him so. ♥ ♥

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your son! Great photo of such a beautiful place. Glad you had a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmm quite long Charity ha ha. Happy birthday to your son and all the best to you both for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Charity,

    What a wonderful gift for you!, the birth of your lovely Son, such a special time for you.
    Many thanks for visiting me and your friendship.
    Hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and now I wish you happy holidays and the very best for 2011.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to also say Happy Birthday to your Son!

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. An impressive ode to life and love !

    And yes, isn't Siena a beautiful city ! Probably good that you went to Italy instead of Greece ... Please have a good Tuesday you all. Happy Birthday from Athens !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday GIl - and Happy New Year C & Gil & family. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen, Charity! I agree with every word you said. Let life make the decisions, and carry us breathlessly into the unknown.

    Happy birthday, Gilead! Not hard to see you're as much an inspiration to your Mom as she is to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Princess. I hope Gilead had a wonderful Birthday and a very Merry Christmas.Just by your writings I have always known you are a magical lady.Now hearing about the birth of your son just clinches it. A magical wonderful lady.
    I have always tried to plan my life. It has not worked out. About ten years ago I just let go. My thinking now is let go and let God.Since then my life has been filled with love and joy.
    Thank You for sharing part of your life.
    I hope you had a good Christmas and have a Glorious New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazingly wonderful name you bestowed upon your son. He sounds like a very special child indeed, how could he not be with Bells as his mother!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top