My Desideratum, Our Prayer

It is New Year's Eve, the last day of 2010, and this will be my last piece shared for this beautiful year. It is my sincerest desire that these words will remain with you, for always...

These Three Men They Bend Their Knees

This photo I took inside the Duomo in Piazza dei Miracoli (square of miracles) also 
called Campo dei Miracoli (field of miracles) in Pisa, Italia, year 2010. 
All rights reserved.





My Desideratum, Our Prayer
(December 31, 2010)
At the very beginning of the New Year of 2010- at the stroke of 12 AM- I announced to myself, to God, to the Heavens and over the earth: “This New Year of 2010 will be the best year of my life so far!” and it was. Now the year is at its very end and I can confidently and honestly say that this year for me has been the best year of my life, so far. At the stroke of twelve this year, I will declare the same thing. I will declare the best year; every year; and every year will be the best year of my life, so far. Am I ready for that? Yes I am ready for that.
We are all candles. Burning, we have each our flame in glory. May we always know that trying to blow out another’s flame won’t make ours shine any brighter. And may we be able to quickly remove the envious from our lives; the ones who are misled enough to think that trying to blow our flame out will make theirs shine brighter.
I am thankful for all the people who have thrown stones at me in the year 2010. I carry with me no grudges, no resentment, no anger, no hatred. Being hit with stones has made me realize just how delicious all of my manna from Heaven is! And the stones all gathered together at my feet on the ground have made me see- just how few they are- compared to all of the manna that has fallen upon me from Heaven!
When people do not recognize your worth; it is not because you are not worthy. When people do not recognize your flame; it is not because you are not shining so brightly. People who cannot recognize worth are blind. And the blind go nowhere. Those who cannot see your flame are inside an upside-down jar; they have consumed themselves with their own light and in their upside-down jar they have the only thing that they will ever know- themselves!
What I give today; I give freely and without limit. Because I know I have an everlasting, eternally- flowing source that I draw from. It never dries up and it is always more than what I can ever expect- God. If I produce anger today; I am not at a loss. If I am hurt today; this hurt will not wound me. If I give you all of my love; I do not fear; for tomorrow all of that will be replenished inside of me. If I share with you my wisdom, my joy, my glory and understanding; I lose nothing and I lack nothing for I am immediately restored. I am always healed. I am continuously replenished by my everlasting source. And if something is stolen from me today; tomorrow it will be returned to me doubled. Go ahead and try to steal from me! You have blessed me! For tomorrow I will have even more!
I am thankful for each time I do not know which foot to put in front of the other; for every instance that I do not know where to go. Because every one of these moments when I don’t know if there will be any surface for my feel to land on; Destiny paves the way for me and scatters that way with roses, lilies, lilacs, lavenders, and wildflowers!
For every time I am afraid- I will remain thankful; for each time I am afraid, I have been given the chance to be courageous! And all those times that I didn’t take the chance to be courageous and was a coward- these are my mistakes, these are my regrets. But I am still grateful; for, my mistakes have taught me the importance of always taking courage and always taking chances. Whether they may be the first chance or the second one. And in my years and lifetimes to follow,  I will not make the same mistakes again.
I have met many people who have shown me things and taught me things I didn’t see and I didn’t know before. I have met people whom I aspire to become more like. I have met people who shine and who glow in all the glory of their being and I have caught those sparks and touched those glowing embers! Some of these people; I have barely known, some of these people like comets zoom by fast and are gone out of my life yet their burning lights remain with me. And some of these people... some of them stay. And I am most thankful for those who know how to stay. Glowing deeply and warmly, their burning embers are steadfast and true; they do not falter. They stay.
Beauty is not an option, it is not an accessory. Beauty is the essence of life and living; without it nothing is worthwhile. It is the final touches, the finishing qualities, the white in the light that captures and runs in the cracks and illuminates everything. It is the essence of what leaves nothing unturned and of what fills and swims on top of everything it passes by. It lingers far long after it has graced with it’s presence. Lifetimes long. Without beauty, there is no meaning, no story, no gist, no life. I will daily grow in beauty; everlasting and unfading. Continually.
My battles I have fought hard and to the best of my abilities. And my apologies I have made with a full, sincere heart. Wholeheartedly.
These declarations, these thankful offerings; these hands cupped together ready to receive and ready to give; this is my desideratum. This is our prayer.

© 2010 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.


Like me on FaceBook: C. JoyBell C. ~ Writer   and Check out my book: The Sun Is Snowing

10 comments:

  1. This is beautifully written! I especially like the candles analogy - one I've used many times myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully written, beautiful thoughts, my friend. You do make the most of your life, whatever comes your way and one delights in being part of your world. Blessings to you in the year that dawns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice young lady. And yes it will stay with me forever.I want to wish you a very Happy New year. I know it will be because you will let it be.
    Love Always
    Grampy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen.

    Please have you all a wonderful, with Happiness filled New Year.

    daily athens

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly written. I am so happy you had such a beautiful year Bells. What changes and happenings and travels you've had! I know the coming year WILL be just as splendid, if not more so for you! Happy 2011 bells!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love each of you guys, so much! Thank you all so much for being a wonderful part of my life in the year 2010! I'm so thankful for each of you! ♥ ♥ A happy, healthy, beautiful, magical, prosperous, abundant NEW YEAR to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Charity,

    What a beautiful post you have written and so glad that 2010 was a great year for you.
    Wishing you all the best for 2011, with much love, joy, good health and many blessings.
    Thanks for your friendship and look forward to visiting again this year.

    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful post. have a lovely year on 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely post - very inspirational. I got a bit emotional while I was reading it. I want to read it again later. I'm glad that you had a good 2010 and wish you more happiness for 2011.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top