Red Ribbon And Paper Roses



When I was at the wrap shoppe having my Christmas gift wrapped, I looked for a beautiful wrapper. I found one of roses stacked behind the wall. I had to roll two sliding doors away to find it. And I looked for the most beautiful red ribbon. I found the most red, most sparkling red satin ribbon hanging proudly among a multitude of others. As I stood in line, I watched the many people grab the brown wrapper with brown snowflakes on it; and then the brown ribbon that looked kind of like gold. They talked amongst themselves and said that it looked "classy." And while my gift was being wrapped, I felt all of their eyes look at the roses wrapped up in a big, beautiful red ribbon. I topped it off with a golden card. Everyone was quiet as they looked at my Christmas present. It's as if they felt something they hadn't felt in a very long time.

If people are unhappy, it is only because they do not know how to look for the paper roses, they don't see the reddest red ribbon and they don't like the little golden cards. We are all in the same wrap-shoppe in this life. But we are different. Because some of us are looking for the paper roses, choosing the reddest red ribbon... and picking up the little golden cards..

xxx

9 comments:

  1. So I see everything is ready for your Nochebuena :) Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please have you and yours a blessed Christmas.

    daily athens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Charity. My Roses and Red Ribbon surround me. This year I feel a magic in my heart that I hope will pass to all.
    Love Russ

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will never be lonely as long as you have your son in your life little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love each of you! I'm so happy our friendships have lasted so long! ♥ Thank you for thinking of me this Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. You write some good stuff, God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Charity, I loved your post because you used natural wisdom to see the World as is and not looking for any extra ordinary things!

    Your outlook on life is somehow philosophical, which I like a lot!
    “Looking for the paper with red roses on it etc...”
    We all make our World go around and happiness is the inner thing, nobody will make a person happy but the person has to create her/his happiness.

    Very good and educational article, loved this!♥

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top