Sands Of Time

Sands of Time
(February 15, 2011)



The sands of my childhood are
Saturated in a fervent coral-tinted hue of peach
Glistening; each sand glistening under the sun
Like twinkling stars; daughters of the day
Altogether bathed in waters of cyan blue
They cling together seamlessly and appear like
An endless blanket that is the shoreline
Cyan studs my footprints and leaps:
Like flees: disappearing into the sand
To touch to touch to touch to touch to touch
This sand; to feel it through my fingers
This sand; to pick it up with my hand
This sand; to feel it in my palm

The sounds of the cyan against this shore

The voices that call me to leave and let go and come in

No

Here I will stay. On the peach coral sand. Beside the blue.

To feel it.



And the sands of you are like that dream
The one that awakes me in light
The dream that is so bright that it awakes me in it’s light
And then washes me while I smile
I smile because I feel you
Sands under the white light of always and always
The existence between time and space and knowing
But I know
And these sands they are drowned in the beauty of this light
To soak to soak to stay to stay to breathe
This light, this air, this sand
This sand; falling over me
This sand; infiltrating me
This sand; steals my sleep and awakes me
Somewhere else

Somewhere I want to be

And I feel the voices of the awake and they move around

But I will be awakened only in this light. And smile. This sand.

Is where I want to be.



Copyright © 2011 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.







5 comments:

  1. How lovely to be where you want to be, as the sands of time
    flow, with the person you have chosen! Beautifully written, as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Carmen, I love your self-affirmation in this lovely poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last line 'bleaches' ones mind. Impressive ! Impressive !

    Please have a good Friday.

    daily athens

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a second childhood like that! Funny how we humans can instantly be transported back in time by a a touch, a smell or a glimpse of a memory. I think that is one of the best (and probably worst, for some) parts of being human is our ability to have our memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments, everyone.

    Sares, that's a remarkable point to bring up; the memories and being human.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top