Angel




                       Angel                       
(November 15, 2010)

His eyes are beautiful and frightened
Black and white
His wings are soaked in rain
Feathers clinging low onto the rocks
Frightened like a newborn bird
Soaked in rain
His hair is black
His skin like marble
Black and white
On the vehement ground
His hands press onto the jagged rocks
Hands and feet
He perches
Like a bird positioned for flight
But he is frightened
And all is black and white
On this rocky ocean shore
The waves rage
At the son of the sea
The waters have bore a winged one
Frightened Alone
Hostile Cold
Come with me, angel
I will not leave you
Come with me, angel
I will protect you
Come with me
You are hostile
And cold
Come with me
Stay with me
I will protect you



Copyright © 2011 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.




I wrote this piece in November of last year (as you can see from the date below the title), I recently re-surfaced my most popular piece entitled Human and the strange relationship (but at the same time distinction and contrast) between this piece and my poem Human rang loudly in me. And so I think this is a good time to share Angel with you all, and don't forget to re-visit Human.

I also want to share with you a new photo album I've been working on: Monteriggioni ..



♥ ♥ ♥
C

10 comments:

  1. Thank you, Mary Anne! How are you? How have you been?? :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun, Charity, first your lovely poem and then your photos from that beautiful town. I'm glad that you are such a prolific artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charity,

    This is a beautiful poem about the Angel and I enjoyed seeing your photos of Monteriggioni ( what a gorgeous place.)
    Hope all is well with you and many thanks for visiting me.

    Enjoy the rest of the week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You create such a vision of bleakness with your words and then reach out to offer us hope!
    How are you Bells! I meant to get over here the last time I got a comment from you. I read my comments through my emails and I think I somehow deleted it and then forgot to come over and read your latest post, which is the one prior to this. Sorry Bells! I hope you and your little angel are both well and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Carolyn, I hope that you are well!

    Sares, thank you for your insight into my poem! And it's so nice to have to remember me again after that short forget! hehehe, don't worry about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was an interesting poem, well done, but not the sweet angel I think of, hovering near to protect me...indeed, he seems to need your protection! Your pictures of Monteriggioni are just beautiful. In the two years since my job loss, retirement, and lack of trouble, it is joyful to escape via your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was absolutely beautiful. I could see him shivering and feel him...Your words make pictures come to life. What a gift you give to each of us who read the words from your heart. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Hope you have been well :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top