Like A Dove

Hey guys! Look at what I found under lock and key! A writing of mine from back in November of '09! Wow, I've really been writing for that long?! HAHAHAHAHAHA but of course I have! It is a very, how can I say it; it feels like a very antiquated sort of a feeling to come across something that you wrote a long time ago, before you were who you are today! It feels like opening a vault or a treasure chest, something like that! You will all love this piece written by a me whom I have almost forgotten! I know you will all love it!

I want all of you to remember and take note of something very important! I want you all to know that you shouldn't buy my The Sun Is Snowing book right now, because,  it is under "re-construction"! This means that I am doing an overhaul of my first book, changing the interior and exterior of the book, I'm pulling out some of the old pieces and putting in a lot of new ones (like the one here which is not in the current edition of TSIS). The newly-reconstructed TSIS will be called a second edition, it will look totally different, the contents will be greatly varied and you will be able to read a lot more of my work of which you can't read in my book at the moment. So, if you haven't bought a copy of The Sun Is Snowing yet, please wait for the second edition to come out before buying, and if you already have my book, buying the second edition will be like buying a new book because as I explained above, I am adding so much more of my new work to the book, changing everything in and out, so buying the second edition will be worth it and I can assure you that you will be happy with the new buy. I swear it! I pinky swear it! :-) Most of the pieces I have written after the first release of the first edition TSIS are very strong and lingering, a lot stronger and more poignant than the pieces that you can currently read in my book. Hence I promise you a better read with my The Sun Is Snowing (second edition).

The Sun Is Snowing (second edition) will also be much more affordable! I will be published with a new publisher (the same people who brought my novella to life) and as you can see for yourselves, the price of my novella is far less costly compared to my first book and this means that my second edition TSIS will be much more affordable than it is now. I am surprised that so many people are buying The Sun Is Snowing at it's current outrageous price! But, people are still buying it! Nevertheless, I want to offer my book of poetry at a cheaper price.

Enjoy my writing below, and when you are finished reading it, you can go check out my new photo album Bois de Vincennes!







Like A Dove
(November 10, ’09)

There you stand
Your armor glistens
In the sunlight
Your sword sharp
Sharp as death
But your eyes
Are soft like
A dove’s eyes

And you call
Call to me
And you say
Come to me
Meet me here
Where I am
In my armor
With my sword

Here I am
In my tower
And they say
There is no
Knight in armor
And they say
Knights are dead
Knights are buried

But you call
Call to me
And your armor
Glistens in sunlight
Your sword sharp
Sharp as death
Your eyes soft
Soft like doves

I will come
Come to you
Meet you there
In your armor
Arisen from death
No grave holds
My own knight
Knight in armor

From my tower
I will descend
All the voices
Say you’re naught
That you’re dead
That you’re buried
That there’s no
Knight in armor

But I cross
Cross the bridge
I will cross
Cross the lake
I will run
Run to you
Your dove eyes
Call to me

Soft like breath
I am here
I will go
Go with you
From this tower
From this bridge
From this lake
Take me away

Your heart soft
Soft like doves
The air perfect
Perfect like morning
On your horse
We ride away
The voices lie
You are real




Copyright © 2011 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.





3 comments:

  1. Hi Charity,

    Glad that you were able to find a piece from '09.
    Like a Dove, is a wonderful poem.

    Have a happy week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, there's no feeling to match that of finding an old poem tucked away in a notebook or in some forgotten computer file! It's such a sweetly nostalgic experience; it takes you right back to your mindset when you wrote it, which is sometimes a startling experience. It puts into perspective how much you've changed and grown, but you can also feel that energy and voice that has been yours alone from the beginning.

    This has all of your trademarks-- a romantic, unaffected voice, the tender gentleness of each word-- but it is certainly different. You've grown a lot as a poet since '09. It makes you wonder how much you-- and therefore your writing-- will shift and evolve in the years to come...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Caroline and Silvia, for your visits and for your comments!

    Silvia, I am blown away by your comment! You're awesome!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top