Irreverence

I don’t think I really have a respect for time. If I have met you once and to me you are a true friend, then in my soul you will remain my true friend for life and in my life the few memories that we have will replay themselves in my mind to make up for your absence and to me you will be a best friend. A true friend. But even if we share the same blood in our veins but towards me you only have envy and vile intentions, the blood that we share in our veins will to me mean nothing. I really don’t think that I have a respect for time. If I see you across the street, look into your eyes and then feel the blood in my flesh rush to my face and warm all my extremities, and you look into my eyes and your veins pulsate under your skin; then with you I have fallen in love! I have loved you, even if those were but a few moments that I shared with you from across the street that will never come back to me again, and I will hope for you; hope that at any given time in the future you could be standing in front of the street and looking into my soul again, wanting me. I will hope for you and I will love you; even if I only knew you for a few moments and have never felt your touch. But if you spend twelve years with me and touch me every day, look into my eyes and do not know me, I will not love you. I will not love you even if time has been given to us. I will not love you if when you look into my eyes you do not see me and I will not love you though you hold me close and try to make me love you, if you cannot find me like the one who can find me within a few moments in time, then I will not love you.

Time is not my master.



Copyright © 2011 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. .....But even if we share the same blood in our veins but towards me you only have envy and vile intentions, the blood that we share in our veins will to me mean nothing....

    So timely that you expressed what's in my mind for some time now.
    But this -
    ...But if you spend twelve years with me and touch me every day, look into my eyes and do not know me, I will not love you...
    It's like allowing me to peek inside your heart. Thanks for the gift of poignancy. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charity,

    Thanks for sharing this poignant post.
    Hope that all is well with you and have a wonderful week.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing Bells. I must say I take a lot of time to warm up to people. I usually accept people at face value until they prove me wrong, but to really love and trust someone, that takes me a long time. I have trust issues! I hope you're having a magical week Bells!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top