Necessity And Invention

Necessity And Invention


An unknown someone once said: “Necessity is the mother of all invention.” I feel like this sentence accurately depicts my life. I constantly feel as though I am being pushed off the edge of rocky cliffs in the universe. I try to step backwards and find my footing but I can’t! There is a big hand steadily pressing me towards the edge of the cliff and try as I might, I am destined to fall off of it! At first, I curse and deny whatever I believe in, for allowing me to find myself in this position and its in a rage that I turn around, kick the hand that pushes me, and then JUMP! I throw myself off of that cliff!

But I can see that it’s during these times, during these “throws” that I burst and give birth to stars! I tell you, there are some stars in the sky with my blood in them! And it’s during these throws that I frantically unfurl my wings and try to fly! I may have learned how to fly already, but there’s always a new wind to master at every new height, at every new altitude. When there’s nowhere else to go, you are forced to throw yourself and at first you will feel betrayed and forsaken. But I have learned that the big hand which pushes you is actually trying to make you see: “You can go so much further, you can fly so much higher, you can give birth to stars; you can put stars in the sky!”

The conception of each star was at the point of no return; of a desperate soul struggling to master the winds!




Copyright © 2011 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.


I'm not going to be sharing as much of my writings on here, as before. I am trying to keep my writings unpublished until they are published in paper and ink. I find it unprofessional to publish in a book all the contents of a writer blog, I believe the blogs and the books should have a discernible distinction. At the moment, I am hoping to publish my second book of poetry and prose in the future, which will be the merging of three manuscripts of my poetry and prose, most of which has never been shared with anyone before. I don't have the resources nor the time to publish now, but one day in the future I will. It's hard for me to hold myself back from sharing my writings, because I have a nearly uncontrollable urge to share what I write, the moment that I write it! But, I think that I am coping better now with the issue of self-control regarding this. Although, this piece here I just wrote some 20 minutes ago, and I have decided to share it with all of you now! I hope that you learn from it, and love it as well!

Share my writings with your friends and family, encourage them to support me as well, join my facebook page and help spread the word; simple gestures and efforts like that are always appreciated very much. ♥ And I always remain thankful to you, for reading what I write, for visiting me here at my blog, for quoting me on the many things that I say and share with you. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you. ♥

6 comments:

  1. But so many stars have fallen, captured in jars of bewilderment and confusion, left un-nurtured and un-fulfilled...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there are falling stars once in a while, and they are beautiful. Nobody catches them and puts them into jars. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to get to your blog for a few weeks but some message would come up that wouldn't allow me to get there or something like that. I'm so glad that I was able to come here again because I really enjoy reading your beautiful posts. I wish that I could be as creative and descriptive as you are because then I'd be able to write a book too like I've dreamt of doing. I'm definitely going to click on the like button for your Facebook page so I can follow you there too. Your quote about facing your fears is very inspirational - I need to try to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charity,

    Wishing you a great day and hope that you get your wings to fly above what is trying to get you down.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful analogy! It doesn't always feel so wonderful when you're out there hanging over the edge ready to fall or fly, but maybe we'd be more willing if we knew something great was waiting for us, even if it was just growth.

    I have my post about your novella all ready to go Bells! I'm just going to catch up on your posts I've missed and then I'll go and hit the publish button. I hope I don't embarrass myself or you with my unprofessional "review"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh! I came back to blogging again after closing my other blog due to a less than nice blogger. I have been back for a little while now just to realize when I visited sares that I knew you!!! You used to visit my old blog! I was so happy to see sares did a review of your new book...I still remember when your first book came out :o) I'm so proud of you and you are an amazing writer, so much talent. I'm so glad to have found your blog again! Hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top