The "Perfect" Lover


The "Perfect" Lover

He wanted everything to be perfect, and he wanted to fix everything that he loved. Love to him was a thing that is a straight line/ a row of M&M's all the same color/ a harmoniously written list on a paper; if anything fell out of line or changed color or was crooked, that to him meant something bad and love couldn't have anything bad in it therefore he had to fix everything. Until everything became a straight line. Until everything became one color. Until all the words on the list were in only one handwriting. Until he began to be happy with something that couldn't make anyone else happy. Because love isn't a straight line nor is it something that is only one color all over and it's certainly not written in only one man's hand. And by the time he began to be happy, he also began to see that the ground he was standing on had already fallen out from under him; there was no ground left for him. Everything was "perfect" and now everything was over.



Copyright © 2011 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.




5 comments:

  1. I think perfection is boring. Maybe it's a good thing it was over if it was perfect. Hee hee! Your new signature scent sounds like it smells delicious. I always have a few favorites I switch between depending on my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charity,

    Life and love is not always perfect and your post is so true.
    Hope that you are having a great week and was good to catch up with your writing.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed you! I once watched the Last Romantic Lover, and it was so good- at the age I was. Now, if I see it, I would think it is full of bolony. Now the perfect lover, I am wishing he exist. Yes, I get you, it isn't about being perfect in terms of everything has to be right in your eyesight, but perhaps he should strive for what makes his lover happy, then he will always have perfection. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen you in a long while! We're fine and enjoying life. Sounds like the 'perfect' lover desires to be God - for only HE is perfect and HE is Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Self - that was a great movie & nowhere available.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top