I Am Betrothed

I Am Betrothed
(November 21, 2011)


What does it feel like?
It feels like an abandon 
Of everything not needful
It feels like an encompassing
Waterfall revealing herself eternally

Given to serenity

The still lake The flowing river
The constant peace of
Undisturbed tides
In the day I am
The illuminated turquoise lake
By night I am
The moonlit water abandoning,
Descending from the rocks
A beautiful abandon
An enlightenment of peace

Given to serenity

The river runs deep
A water deep and immovable
But then it is light like the air
As it cascades like white wings
In the moonlight
Leaving behind that which is unnecessary
Forsaking
All the magnets that wish to hold
All the dams that stand to bind
Is it a reckless abandon?
An untamed, all-knowing look in the eyes?
Is it a sweetness, a wind beneath the wings?

Given to serenity

I have found a place
Wherein I will stay
These serene waters 
A power beyond all powers
An abandon more real than most
In the heart of serenity

Leave everything behind


Copyright 2011 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top