The Differents



The Differents
(September 12, 2010)

The photographs lined his wall
A woman
A beautiful smile
Captures of joy
Trappings of love
He walked out and I said
“you still love her”
Pain stung the air and
I wish I hadn’t said it
He looked down
To the ground
I didn’t even know him
Not even his name

I touched her shoulder and
I watched her eyes dilate
Her fears run away
Peace overcame her
She didn’t even know me
Not even my name

I felt that tear fall
Falling rolling on my skin
But it’s not my own
It fell
A thousand miles away
It’s not mine
But it falls on my skin

I looked into his eyes
I recognized him
From a different time
I welcomed his soul
His soul walked into mine
Again

I’m glowing
They all say I’m glowing

I needed sunlight and
The sunlight came into place

In agony I lifted my face
To the Heavens and
Clouds of gray were born

I was sitting on the sidewalk when
He came up to me and said
“you are different, very different”
He didn’t even know me

If he only knew how different


Copyright 2012 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Charity,

    It was lovely to come and visit you today and read all your wonderful poems. You have been busy and thanks for sharing. Also love the pretty blue rose.

    Hope that you are enjoying the week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very moving Bells. I can feel the emotion through your words. I just found the comments you left me today. For some reason Blogger decided to throw a bunch of comments into a section that needed to be approved before it could be posted and I never check there because things are supposed to post automatically. I guess Blogger thought my peeps were sending spam my way!

    Thanks for the sweet comment about my blog. I created my header in Picnik and then added the fonts in Picasa where you can move your wording wherever you like and whatever size suits you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top