Being A Woman And Growing Up A Girl

It's definitely difficult being a woman and growing up a girl. When you're graceful, people say you lack personality; when you're serene, people say you're boring; when you're confident, people say you're arrogant; when you're feminine, people say you're too girly; and when you climb trees, people say you're too much of a tomboy! As a woman, you really need to develop a very strong sense of self and the earlier you can do that, the better! You have to be all the things that you are, without allowing other people's ignorance change you! I realized that they don't know what grace is, they can't identify serenity, they have inferiority complexes, they are incapable of being feminine, and they don't know how to climb trees!

– C. JoyBell C.


3 comments:

  1. People telling others what they should be, do have complexes indeed; and I agree that none of them know how to climb trees, and never will :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charity,

    Lovely to come and visit you - beautiful roses you have here.
    I enjoyed reading all your posts, thanks for sharing.
    I say just be yourself and don't worry what others think. How sweet your Son is, bringing home a rose for his Mother, so lovely.

    Have a wonderful week and thanks for visiting me
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I used to live next to a forest when I was young and my siblings,friends and I would climb trees all the time! The woods were our playground. Fallen trees were perfect for practicing for a career as a ballerina or a gymnast and 5 foot tall stumps made the perfect clubhouse. There were also trails that held magic around every corner. Such fun times! My sister went back a couple years ago and the trees had all been cut down and houses built there. Time marches on.

    I have seen the Keep Calm and Eat A Cupcake and think it's a fun play on the Carry On phrase! I'm always up for eating something sweet. Are you planning another jaunt to London? If I remember correctly you were less than thrilled with that particular city the last time you were there!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top