A White Rose For Valentine's Day

My son came home from school yesterday (Valentine's Day) and, with an outstretched arm, handed me a long-stemmed white rose. There were two ribbons tied around the stem, a red ribbon and a violet ribbon. The rose hung it's head and looked worn and torn after a long day in his backpack at school. Honestly surprised, I hugged him and thanked him, I told him that I love him and I asked him to tell me all about the rose. He told me how the student council was selling roses for Valentine's Day, so he bought one and garnished its stem with the two ribbons used to wrap some chocolates that he bought at school. "Did you buy other roses to give to girls at school that you like?" I asked him. "No, I only had enough money to buy one rose, so I had to make up my mind who to give it to."

I can say no more.

I love my son so very dearly.




Next Valentine's Day, I'll make sure he has more money with him, so he can also give roses to any girls/girl that he likes.
xx

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww!!! He's a sweet as ever!
    T'Shiela

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful and loving son! I am sure he is the best valentine you could have asked for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is breathtaking.

    Normally, my son is not expressive of his affections, and he's not the type who likes to do "cute" or "touchy-feely" things. He never wants anyone to think of him as being "cute." I know that an effort like this one comes entirely from his desire to let me know how much he loves me. He handed the rose to me without even a smile on his face, he simply stretched out his arm and handed it over to me, with the two ribbons tied around the stem. He's not a performer, he's very genuine. ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top