Goodbye Paper Birds



Goodbye Paper Birds
(October 19, 2010)

Do you see this window?
This window that I see now?

From this window I can see them
I can see them on the inside

I can see them on the inside
From the outside I look in

There is a place I once knew
Therein they still are

They still sit behind that window
They still live inside that room

Paper castles hang on the walls
sway in the window

Cardboard forts stand neatly arranged
Cardboard hearts stuck on the boxes

They are at home
They have made their answers

They have made their answers
They crossed-out all their questions

In the room lays carton coffins
Headstones made from cut-outs

They write out their days
They spell out their end

I am on the outside
On the outside looking in

Up here the winds speed high
The winds expand my wings

I’m flying

The stars hang in front of me
The world looks like a marble

My path is made of water
I am walking on water

This flight has just begun
Only the winds know where I’m going

The waters are changing
The lights are breathing

The borders are lined up
They mean nothing to me

My questions are not answered
My end is nonexistent

All is given to me
I have no walls for paper castles

From the outside I look in
I know those people well

We used to share those windows
I hung some birds there made of paper

So far, far, far, far away...
So far, far, far, far away...

Goodbye.


Copyright © 2012 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top