Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Honey, I'm No Fool!

"Oh I'm not about to give without getting. Well of course you want me to 'give without expecting anything in return'! That would make things sweet for you, eh? Half of the world wants the other half to listen to doctrine and 'give without expecting anything in return' so they can sit there and take everything without having to give anything! And all they have to do is tell that other half 'Oh you're so Christian-like!' and the poor blind souls would leap out into the street in front of a speeding bus, again, for them! Now, why should I give without getting? I'm not selfless! And if that's not Christian-like, well I didn't say I was Christian-like anyway! Why don't you go and try to be Christian-like the way you want everybody else to be, and let's see if you'll be happy! But you wouldn't do that, would you? You wouldn't do that, because you're too smart for that! Did you think I wasn't any smarter than you? Well I'm not selfless and I'm not going to give without getting, you go first! And then I'll see if I believe you! Why should I go first, honey,  I'm no fool!"

– Calla (protagonist in my unpublished novel Honey, I'm No Fool!)

Copyright © 2012 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥