Letters From A Goddess

They don't give me gifts, and they don't express with words to me, because they believe I am too good for all that. They see me as a higher form of woman, one who does not want to be lavished by gifts and with devotion and promises of the moon...I don't know if they think I am an intellectual (which I am not) because they laugh and touch other women but in my presence their eyes glisten and their hands tremble oh-so-slightly, they seem to fumble with their feet and lose all confidence. Do you think that they believe none of their gifts would be good enough anyway? None of their promises would be believed? And their devotion forsaken? But I do... I do want to have many gifts, I want acts of devotion, I want to be promised the moon even if I know I already hold it in my hands... these women of the world, they don't know what they have, they think they want to be goddesses, they think they want men to tremble in their presence, they think that they want to never be lied to and always see the truth; but that's not really what they want. That is what I have, but that's not what I look for.

~ excerpt from unpublished novel by C. JoyBell C.

Copyright © 2012 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I suppose one can't have it ALL! Have a beautiful Sunday Bells, whether you celebrate Easter or not, you deserve a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top