Secrets

A secret is something that one uncovers little by little, step by step, turn after turn. A secret becomes known through whispers, through a soft but firm nudge, through a grasping of the heart that can never be forgotten. These are secrets. If you sell me a  secret, how am I to believe it is a secret? Would a true secret be placed in the pages of a book or in the mouth of a ceramic angel, and put up for sale? No, but true secrets have to be stumbled upon; buried treasures, disguised notes... these are secrets. And, okay, say a secret is sold in the marketplace; but for it to be a true secret, it must be something not sold by the truckloads! It must be sold from hand to hand, discovered from a friend, uncovered by chance. And that is a secret.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top