The paradox of atheism


If you ask the religious person "What do you believe in?" he will tell you about one thing. But if you ask him "What do you not believe in?" he will tell you about many, many things! And if you ask an atheist "What do you believe in?" he will say "Nothing." The only difference between an atheist and a religious person, is one thing. If one thing isn't there, there would be no difference at all! When I say I am losing my religion, I am not saying that I'm losing my belief; but I am saying that I'm losing my disbeliefs.


I have written pieces about atheism time after time (it would be beneficial for you to click on these three links first before proceeding with this reading.) Today I want to talk about the paradox of atheism. I do believe that atheism has come about as a result of religion; this in itself is a paradox, because this means that atheism is the product of religion. Is atheism the ultimate, secret goal of religion? That is a far-out question, and the answer is probably not, but then there is always the small probability that's left to the imagination.

Atheists do not believe in God, because they cannot accept the God that religion presents to all of mankind. They see the inconsistencies, the lies, the violence, and the faults. They disagree with the God of religions, and so they determine by this that there is no God. This is a paradox! Their disbelief has come about as an exact parallel opposite of the religious belief!

I am non-religious, which means I do not believe in religion, but does not mean that I don't believe in God. Why must I cease to believe in God, just because I do not believe in what people have instated about God? If I become an atheist because I cannot believe in what people have instated about God, then that would mean I believe what religion says about God! Which would mean that I believe in religion! Are you following me here? The atheist believes in religion so much, that he/she is actually willing to not believe in any God, at all, because the face of God in religion is just so misconstrued, deformed, manipulated, and twisted! I on the other hand, being non-religious, do believe in God because I don't believe what religious people and religion have to say about God! 

Through studying history, we can see that the human race has always believed in God. We see God in every single culture, ethnical background and practice on the face of this earth! Man is born with a spark of God inside of Him, therefore he seeks to replenish this source: man seeks to find God. That is just the way it has always been. We have evidence of all sorts of spiritual practices from all over this globe! One may argue that there is violence in all forms of spirituality, and I agree with the belief that if there is violence then this is not beneficial to the soul at any level! But then one can also counter argue the fact that violence may creep its way into anything, wherever there is a corrupt soul born into the earth, with which I also agree in the belief that it is the form of soul which created the outer action, not the outer action that molds the soul! On the other hand, there are those forms of spirituality that are truly peaceful and contain no forms of violence, such as Taoism, Buddhism, etc. Notwithstanding, the point of this paragraph is, mankind is born with a connection to God, and seeks to hold the root of that in its hand. And why am I pointing this out? I am pointing this out because I want you to take notice of the fact that atheism is a new movement which has truly come about as a result of organized religion. 

When did Christianity come about? Well, not so long after Christ's death, the Romans came along and took Christ and decided to create a religion around Him– VoilĂ  we have Catholicism and then Protestantism as a result of a rebellion against Catholicism. And there you have it, the major religions of the more modern-day-era have emerged! Islam is a major religion, as well as Judaism, but those are not modern-day religions, those are ancient religions! So if Christianity came about only after Christ's death, then that means Jesus wasn't a Christian? Yes of course that's what it means. Then what was Jesus? Well, we know that Jesus was most definitely not a Pharisee or a Sadducee , because we can see in the Bible that Jesus was the enemy of the Pharisees and the Sadducees. So what was Jesus? The answers to some questions shouldn't be answered by another person, but must be answered by yourself! But we know what he wasn't– he wasn't a practicing Jew of the major forms of Judaism in his day– that of the Pharisee and the Sadducee (which is why the Jews won't accept him as Messiah.) And he wasn't a Christian, because Christianity didn't exist yet! If there's one thing we do know, its that he was a radical! He came along, and told the holiest Rabbis of his day (to their faces) that they were hypocrites and would burn in hell, then sat around eating and drinking with tax collectors and prostitutes. He was the first person in recorded history to create the frame of thought "Let he who has no sin cast the first stone." Huh. Funny that he sounds nothing like the Jesus of the Catholics and the protestants, no?

I am non-religious, because I believe that God is far greater than all religions. I am non-religious because I do not believe what religion has to say and am not impressed by the religious. I am non-religious, because I retain the right to believe in the many truths placed into the never-ending universe by God. I am non-religious because I can see God in everything, not in just one thing. I am non-religious because I have sought and I have found.



Copyright © 2012 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top