Emerald Meditations

I wanted to just share a portion of our reading today from Meditations (Marcus Aurelius). I guide my eleven year old son, Gilead, through the ancient texts, and Meditations is one of our favourites. Here's a short verse from the pages we read today:


15. Let people's tongues and actions be what they will, my business is to be good. And make the same speech to myself, that a piece of gold, or an emerald, or purple should. Let people talk and act as they please; I must be an emerald, and I must keep my colour.


This is not the only verse wherein Marcus Aurelius speaks of the colour purple and of being emerald, but while we were reading today, I simply felt like sharing this verse with all of you. 

In other news, tomorrow is the beginning of a new millennia. I spoke about this briefly on my Facebook page. We don't know exactly what is going to happen, or not happen, with regards to earth-shattering or earth-shaking events; but there are some things that we DO know for SURE: 

December 21 is:

1. The beginning of the astronomical age of Aquarius (exiting Pisces and entering into Aquarius).
2. The beginning of the Winter Solstice.

As for everything else, it's all up to personal interpretation and beliefs! If anything at all, the date is significant in that it has had the power to capture the imagination and even the hearts and souls of mankind! Everyone knows something about tomorrow, the "something" being a personal journey for each one.

If the earth falls apart tomorrow or is thrown out of orbit or whatever, rest assured I will look great for this grand finale! I will go to sleep tonight wearing mascara, lipstick, sexy boots, and a killer outfit! It will only happen once, and a girl's gotta look great for once-in-a-lifetime events! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bells! I think your son is one lucky child to have you as his Mom.

    I just wanted to let you know, I haven't forgotten you, or your book, or the review you have been so patiently awaiting. I am about halfway through, but with Christmas coming up so soon, I think it's going to take me a bit longer to finish. I'm so sorry and I do hope you will forgive me! When I give the review I plan to do a giveaway of your book too! I also have a copy my sister is going to be getting for Christmas. I'm excited for her to read it! And for me to finish it!

    This last year it had been hard for me to get in the blogging mode and stay there, too many distractions. I do read what you have to say on FB and am loving the kitten exploits at the moment!

    Happy Christmas to you and your loveleigh son and may many blessings scatter themselves amongst your life in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sareski love! Please don't worry about it, but I'm delighted to hear from you! <3 Please don't be anxious over your reviewing my book, and I'm really happy to hear that you'll be hosting a giveaway, and that my book will be a Christmas gift for your sister! People giving my books as gifts, just touches my heart so much! <3 Loveya Sareski, thank you for the message! We should keep in touch! <3

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top