Pictures of Who I Am

I was recently thinking about the big difference in how others see me, and how I see myself. And also, the difference between all of that, and who I really am. I was thinking about it, because I realized that the way we act is the way we see ourselves/ is in accordance to the vision of ourselves that we have in the front of our minds. But this doesn't necessarily always coincide with what we really are like, or what others see us as. For example, I don't look like a writer, but I am a writer. I don't look like someone who has many thoughts and has a brain, yet I am, and I do have a brain. You can look one way on the outside, but be totally different on the inside. So I thought of putting these recent thoughts of mine into pictures, to give everyone a visual of what I've been thinking.

People usually see me like this:

Like this:
Midnight in Paris by Barbara Ziegler


Like this:

Like this: 


Or like this:
Nanne Nyander


But I see myself as this:




And as this:




But what am I really like? I'm probably really like this:

Pure Laughter by Amith Nag

And this:

This:

This:

This:

And this:


So what does that really make me? Perhaps we are a combination of the things that we see ourselves as, others see us as, and the things we know deep within we're really most like! But I will probably always feel like I am Milady de Winter, or Lauren Bacall lighting a cigarette, giving everyone a dirty, enchanting look from under her eyebrows! I wonder if we should see ourselves as everyone else sees us? Or maybe it's about knowing and being acquainted with our own souls, then being true to that? Maybe it's an ever-changing journey! Still, Milady de Winter is a fun thing to be! Cheers!


What about YOU? Put together your own "soul picturebook" and see what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top