In Your Palm


In Your Palm


If you knew all the thoughts
That go through my mind when
The presence of you fills
The middle of my chest
Like a tight and warm and aching
Clenching
How my feelings dance from
The place of being afraid
To the place of
Laughter
And trust
Then I am taken to
An overwhelming longing
A poison that
Flows deeply through my veins
A longing
For you and nobody else
But you
If you only knew what it feels like
And if you could see me every moment
Scared but brave
Serene but
Overcome with passion
You would find me to be a most
Wild thing
Difficult to grasp
And yet
I fit most perfectly in the palm of your hand


Copyright © 2013 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of a sentiment I felt many years ago....as I began a song "At the center of my life, there are no edges; nothing fills the void when you're not there...."

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top