Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Be My Mirror

Hello, wonderfuls! I have been really busy lately, having just published my latest book The Conversation of Merachefet and I must say, as those of you who know me better will already be aware, every time after I come out with a new book I go a little crazy! Like, a little insane really! It's a natural high for me and it feels like jumping off of a wall with firecrackers tied to my ankles and a bottle of Merlot in each hand! Well, Merlot in one hand and blackberry sparkling in the other! Now, even that visual is a little insane, isn't it? There's more to it even— add to that a really loud scream as I jump from the wall with the bottles in my hands! Now that's better, that's more realistic, that's more like how I feel every time for about a month and a half after I publish a book! You can now conclude that I have been really busy feeling insanely insane. Yes. Insanely insane.

So... now I'm working on my next book to be published! I've already shared some poetry from it on here and today I want to share another poem from the later pages of my upcoming book (yes, I know I might be producing books too fast and ought to slow down to give people time to purchase the ones that are already there, so hurry up and buy all my books already so I can move forward!)

I hope you like it...


Be My Mirror


What if I’m the monster?
What a scary thing to say
My skin trembles just a little bit
To hear my own mouth ask such a question
What if I’m the cause
For my own hurts
And pains?
What if I’m the reason why I
Can’t even see all my reasons
To appreciate
To be happy
Because I’m a monster
Covered in purple fur
Fluffy and round and
Sitting in the corner
Behind the shadows of the corner
Pushing everybody away
And I push with my short little monster arms
With soft purplish fur
Having fingerprints of
The raindrops that
I carry in my memories
From rainy days of
A long time ago
Then what if those rainy fingerprints
From my memories
Burn into people’s skin
Or at least mark them
And make them never want to come back?
And I cry
I cry
But what right do I have
To cry?
When I’m the one who pushed them
Away?
So I might be a monster
A purplish, furry one
Round
And standing in the shadows
Of that corner over there

But maybe I’m not

I could be full of love
And sunshine
With sunbeams all over my face
I could be a flying thing
With wings
That’s not a monster at all
But something that flutters with wings
And lands on things
With a ballerina’s touch
Making stuff come back to life
And sprout through the ground
Breaking through the soil
Of the earth and of hearts!

But maybe I'm not

When I listen to myself
I think I just might be
A laughing sort of thing
Finding something amusing
Worth laughing at
In everything
Like those windy days
That remind you of
Visits to the park
When you were eight
The wind grabs your hair
And pulls your ear close
To whisper things beautiful
And almost forgotten
But not quite forgotten

And you laugh!

So what am I?
Can you tell me?


Copyright © 2013 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.


1 comment:

  1. Wow that was amazing. I loved every word! I think I'm a purple monster sometimes... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥