What is Maturity?

         I am always watching people playing games with each other. In fact, they have mottos for it: "If you play me, I'll play you harder", "Don't play a game with one who plays it better", "Don't play a game with the one who invented the game", "I can play your game" and so on and so forth. Blah blah blah. Ways that people make themselves feel, well, "on top of their game."
         I, however, do not play games with people. Ever. Interestingly, it is the only "game" that people don't know how to play! Because people actually don't know how to not play games. So the art of not playing a game with someone— actually becomes the art that nobody else around has mastered. Maturity is the realization that life is in fact not a game, that people's stories are sacred and are not to be trifled with, knowing that as you put out there; so you shall reap.
         My motto is this: I will not play your game; I will put an end to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top