Skinwalker

Skinwalker



I want to cover myself
In the skin of a bear
I want to wear
The skin of a deer
A deer who leaps fast
And jumps high
A bear that is mighty
And valiant
I want to wear
The horns of a stag
The face of a wolf
Eagle feathers
I want to cover myself
So I don’t need
To feel too much
 I want my skin to be
Another’s skin
So maybe
I don’t need to feel
All the things that I feel
The pumping of the blood in my heart
I feel that
The whisper of my fear
I hear that
The familiar tear on my face
I feel that
Why do I feel that
Why do I feel too much of too much
Of too much of too much
Of everything?
So if I were a skinwalker
Walking in the strong skin
Of an animal
I would be protected
I would be free
Maybe I am an animal
Maybe I just need to remember which one
And maybe if I remember
I can forget
All of this

And just be


Copyright © 2014 C. JoyBell C. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top