From a Wildfire to a Bonfire

Recently, I posted this to my public network:

I once wrote of a good love being the kind that lights you on fire and makes you run ablaze in the winds! Then I grew up and when I did, I learned that a good kind of love is the kind that gives you a knowledge of safety. We live in a world where there are so many reasons that we might not be safe; love has become the place where you know you can be safe and you can face this world together with your partner, without fear. I don't want to feel like I'm a part of that world when I'm in someone's arms; I want to feel like we have our own world because in our world there is moonlight, there is a soft voice, there is laughter, there is understanding and patience... so now I think a good love is like a really good fragrance! You know you need it on your skin and it feels like the electricity of your desires and your passions; yet at the same time it feels like home. Like things forgotten, unforgotten, things that happened and that are yet to happen... it's like time stops. That's what I learned when I grew up.

       Now, I want to discuss this further. What does it mean when we search for the thrill of running and of burning, from our idea of love and relationships? Doesn't that mean that we are seeking something that we are not able to cultivate alone? Because it is a fact that when we look to love, we are looking to something that we deem can fulfil us in a way (or in many ways). So in the angle of looking for running and for burning, I believe this means we look for something that we have not been able to cultivate on our own. But then your life begins to change at the turning of your soul within your body and you begin to produce a fire of your own, you begin to run in the winds of your own soul, you begin to experience freedom from exactly right there where you are standing; regardless of whether or not you are living in your ideal physical state of freedom. You create the fire within you, and with that fire, you produce things of beauty that you are able to add to the world, you produce magical objects from the magic of your own soul, you run in the winds not because someone is grabbing your arm and teaching you how to run; but, you run in the winds of your own mind, your own heart! You create cities within yourself! You begin to become the master architect of your own person, your own soul! And when this happens... you realise that you don't really want to look towards love as a thing to break you free and to release you into the fiery winds! Sure, that can really happen, too, but more importantly than that, you start to see love as a place to come home to. Sure, you can burn together and run together; but more importantly than that, you want to cultivate a partnership in life and you want to be able to say, "This is the person that I have found, he's/she's my partner in life, because he/she completes me". Yes, ultimately we should look for completion in a partner. They say that we shouldn't look for completion but that we should already be complete on our own, but I disagree with that notion. If your partner is not the completion of the rest of you, then that person is not going to really be that significant half of you. In order to have a "significant other", that individual must be the other part of you, the one that, yes, the one that completes you. And you complete each other. Your energies meet and they fuse together and there is electricity flying everywhere and ultimately, you bond together. Like the fusion of electrical cords.
       But more importantly than what I've written above, is the fact that everyone should look to his/her own love. The problem today is that people are looking towards other people's ideals of love and then hoping that they find those ideals for themselves, in their lives.  But what if those ideals aren't for you? What if you need to have your own because that is what's going to fit into your heart and soul? So you need to look for that and you need to find it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top