Beta Reader Kristian

This is Kristian Dupont. Kristian lives in Copenhagen.

This is what Kristian has to say about The Conversation of Venusta:

“My daily work is about formulating solutions to problems in a way that is so unambiguous that even a computer can read it. This probably appeals to me because I am a left-brained kind of person. And yet, I also rely on music and art to stimulate my mood and curiosity. Those are two very different things and they give me value in very different ways. Reading The Conversation of Venusta, I noticed that C. Joybell C. managed to do both at the same time. She has some very rational observations and conclusions of why we act like we do and why we are the way we are. At the same time, she uses stories and metaphors that reach you on a completely different and much more subconscious level.

I saw a standup comedian say that the best humor works because it gives you a way to tackle sides of yourself that you are uncomfortable with, in a safe manner. The laugh is a big sigh of relief. The comedian, it turns out, has the same dark sides as you do, and dares to bring them out which means that maybe they’re not something to feel so bad about after all!

In a way, this book does something similar. Not through humor, and not just dark sides, but to me it definitely brought up a number of things that were on my mind, consciously and subconsciously. Reading it was an experience that gave me a number of realizations and, yes, reliefs. It’s a soul searching and very honest work that does not serve up klichés like you might expect of a book that ponders on life like this.

The fact that C. Joybell C.’s quotes show up in graphics all over the internet speaks to her tremendous ability to articulate the abstract. Her writing is auto-therapeutic to me. It’s not a story, and yet it is in so many ways. It’s not a self-help book, but it is that as well. It’s a conversation that makes you see things in a broader perspective.”

Discover more about Kris:

Kristian Dupont is a programmer. He has been involved in several startup projects and is now living in Copenhagen after years of living like a digital nomad.

(I encouraged him to share more about himself, but he says that makes him feel uncomfortable.)

You can connect with Kristian HERE

Kristian is smart. Be like Kristian. =)

The Conversation of Venusta is available on Amazon, at CreateSpace, and at many other online stores. If you would rather place an order of this book via your brick and mortar bookstore, simply order it at their front desk and it will arrive in two weeks, regardless of where you are in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top