Beta Reader Yahaya

This is Yahaya Aluke. Yahaya lives in Nigeria.

This is what Yahaya had to say right before he started reading The Conversation of Venusta:

“I have a feeling this is going to be life changing.”

And this is what Yahaya is saying now after reading the whole book:

“I’ve read the book. I finished it last week and I started reading it for the second time on a quiet farm within the week. Going off to the edge of civilization and reading it again makes me believe The Conversation of Venusta is not the commute type of book that you read on the move, in a noisy, crowded place... because reading it in a farm — surrounded by nature, sitting on a bale of hay to the background sounds of birds chirping and the intermittent braying of donkeys and the gentle whistling of wind overhead made the book come alive in another dimension.

Alone with the book, the words seem to fall off the pages and take an embodiment of the Goddess sitting with the girl, sitting with me, Their conversation becoming my conversation, voicing out questions only my soul knew it had.

Reading The Conversation of Venusta has been a profound experience, like a conversation you wished you’d always had with a loved one — a parent, a beloved aged Grandmother — for so long and finally you’re having it, and you’re overwhelmed at some points by the sheer surreality of it all. Questions answered powerfully. Deep questions, whose answers I’ve always somehow known but have never been sure. Some answers are much needed reminders, while some of the questions I’ve never even thought of, yet when the answers are uncovered it gives a serendipitous settling peace.

I’m yet to read your Vade Mecum, but I know that The Conversation of Venusta is going to be my own Vade Mecum. It’s a book that has made such a great impression, a book I’ll buy and read, and read again and carry around till it’s all dogeared from use. A book I’ll reference often, and quote, and make art with its words, frame them and keep where I can see them everyday. Because it is food for the soul, it is a fortification, an armor, it’s a soothing balm, it’s the wind under the wings of angels. It’s something wonderful.

Finally, while you often write about beauty, a concept, perhaps better understood by the female folks, I don’t think your work should be boxed in by being identified so majorly with femininity because I as a man, I feel I need it just as much.”

Get to know Yahaya a lot better:

Yahaya is a recognized team builder and leader throughout Nigeria. He is also an activist and advocate for various causes that he cares about, such as his involvement with Rotaract, where he organized a fundraiser for a children’s orphanage. As a volunteer Facilitator at YMCA Emerge Project, he has taught Secondary School kids about Democracy, Human Rights, Gender Equality, Personal Identity among other things. Yahaya is currently the Lead Web Developer at Pneumasoft Technologies Limited, Nigeria.

You can connect with Yahaya HERE

Yahaya is smart. Be like Yahaya. =)

The Conversation of Venusta is available on Amazon, at CreateSpace, and at many other online stores. If you would rather place an order of this book via your brick and mortar bookstore, simply order it at their front desk and it will arrive in two weeks, regardless of where you are in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top