The Conversation of Dragons: A Book Review by Uzma Khan

It is time to meet Uzma Khan, a CEO living in Pakistan. You will love what she has to say about her experience reading The Conversation of Dragons!

"As I consumed the words and the pages of this prodigious book, questions kept forming and niggling in the back of my head; will you bequeath your legacy as having dwelt the unchartered, unknown and innermost or will you live prosaically having numbly surrendered to the lazy comfort of the ordinary, the known? Will you have the courage to turn your eyes backwards and look deep inside, stare right into the void, the darkness within? Will you walk inside the mirror and hold on to the other you and say I understand?

It exposed me to a plethora of emotions. It led me to ruminate over not the usual 'purpose of being' but more importantly over 'being'. It pushed me around in discomfort like one feels when one lands in a lake not knowing what swimming is. And when you emerge alive it’s not just with the knowledge of how the body and mind must coordinate a response or a series of actions but also a knowledge of the properties of the lake and water and of breathing. Everything outer and inner locked together in the synergy of existence. It led me to think, introspect, contemplate and meditate. For it urges you to arrive somewhere. It compels to build up that courage and a knowledge so wide and deep. It gives you a treasure that can never be stolen. It gives you a creed.

For me the book is all about courage. You need that throughout your reading and throughout your life if indeed you wish to remain pure of heart. And it’s about discovery! I discovered the most curious paradox when I was left bedazzled by the brightness of darkness. I discovered the beauty and grace in regret, the uselessness of guilt, the futility of the lingering fears that I have amassed during my unguided journey, the destructibility of those character flaws and those scars of self-condemnation. It is about opening your heart and examining the darkness for there lies the possibility! It is about the Eternal Flame of Life.

Thank you C. Joybell C. for giving vision to my soul. You are a Mystic whom I revere from the pit of my darkness to the infinity of my ethereal light."

Get to know Uzma:

Uzma is the Chief Executive Officer of INJAZ, Pakistan chapter of Junior Achievement Worldwide. With almost 3 decades of experience in the banking sector, she has successfully led and inspired highly motivated and successful teams in top global banks like Chase, ANZ and Standard Chartered; across Pakistan, South Arica and Singapore. Her passion has always been people and her recent move from banking to social development was rooted in her desire to transform the lives of youth and creating positive change for the underserved segment of society. She is passionate about living a meaningful and a purposeful life and for spreading the same message to those who feel adrift. She believes in the power of conversations and stories and the effect they can have on our lives and the lives of all those we touch. She believes in a creed of goodness, beauty and purity of heart. She believes in “Raising Nobility” and hopes her beautiful daughter, Natalia, is a herald of all such virtues.

You may connect with Uzma on LinkedIn.

Uzma is luminous and loving. Be luminous and loving like Uzma. 😊

The Conversation of Dragons is now available for purchase on Amazon and other online bookstores. If you would rather, you can always place an order at your local brick-and-mortar bookstore and they will ship in the book for you within a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and friends, you touch my heart, so please feel free to leave me a note (or two). ♥

Back to Top